Hope Biblical Counseling Center
Do You Need Help?
Welcome to Hope Biblical Counseling and Training Center a ministry of Hope Baptist Church, 139 Shadow Oaks Drive, North Little Rock-Sherwood, Arkansas, 72120. Appointments may be arranged by calling 501-984-4403, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. We also do intensive 2 to 3 day long Biblical counseling for people who come from outside of Arkansas. Trained counselors are available to help encourage people through the difficulties of life. The counseling is free but some restrictions do apply.
Pastor, Dr. Terry L. Coomer stated, “It is our desire to help people where they are. Sometimes people need help in dealing with the issues of life and we desire to help. The counseling is free and we seek to help people find the Biblical answers to their lives that they are seeking. Our desire is to help people come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and to realize that God’s Word has the answer for their every day lives. We also want to help those who know the Saviour and are struggling to find the Biblical answers they need as well.”
Our purpose is to provide a Christ-centered Biblical counseling, discipleship, and training program that truly changes incorrect behavior to Christ-like behavior in the American home. We are here to give you help and hope.
What is Biblical Counseling?
Are you struggling with the hopelessness and burden of apparently impossible life problems? We have the key to help you find hope! God created us, and He knows how to correct our problems. The Bible provides the key to the resolution of emotional and relational problems. Biblical counseling reaches the root of man’s problems and provides God’s answers, which give greater peace and joy than mood-altering medications, illegal drugs, or alcohol ever could.
We deal with issues such as:
- Marriage issues. Is your marriage not where you would like it to be? Are you unhappy and you do not know what to do?
- Children who you just do not know what to do with. They will not obey and things are not going well for them in school or relationships at home and elsewhere. You do not understand how to rear your children biblically.
- Out of control anger, by you or someone in your home.
- Immoral behavior that you want to change.
- Are you addicted to alcohol, drugs, or other addictions? Please be advised we do not counsel non functioning addicts and we are not a treatment center for them.
- Maybe you are depressed, discouraged and are just unhappy in your life and the circumstances you find yourself in. Would you like to change your life, but you do not know how? Have you been looking for an answer?
- Below is a list of life situations that are becoming increasingly prevalent in society today. Our counselors explain how Biblical truths can address each one and provide freedom-giving solutions. ADD/ADHD, Anger, Bipolar disorder, Children of divorce, Communication, Depression, Divorce, Drug or Alcohol Dependency, Fear/Worry/Anxiety, Child rearing, Child Abuse, Finances, Grief, Marriage and Family, Pornography Addiction, Self Mutilation, Sexual Immorality, Spousal Abuse, Suicide.Romans 15:4, 13, For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
We can help you to find the Biblical answers for your life.
For more information call 501-983-4403 or www.hopebaptistlittlerock.com. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. There are many articles and audio messages on this web site to help you.
Biblical Counseling Training Conferences are held through out the year. Our counselors are trained and certified through Hope Baptist Institute. For more information go to www.hopebaptistlittlerock.com.
Dealing With Anger DVD’s
By Dr. Terry Coomer
In our Annual Biblical Counseling Training Conference, Dr. Coomer dealt with the anger issues of a young couple in their marriage. There are three DVD’s that are each 45 minutes long. This is a mock presentation for our Training Conference. The young couple, Tony and Jamie, actually went through Hope Biblical Counseling Center and have dramatically changed their lives. They graciously volunteered for the DVD’s to seek to help others with anger in their lives.
Pastor’s Conference Counseling CD’s
By Dr.Terry Coomer
We have 6 messages on CD by Pastor Coomer available from the Counseling Pastor’s conference at Cozzadale Baptist Temple in Cincinnati, OH. They are:
- Why I Cannot Change My Life
- Idols of the Heart
- Giving People Hope Through the God of Hope
- Understanding Marriage-Through the Bible
- How to Have Biblical Long Term Change in Our Life
- The Husband’s Role in Marriage.
These are available for $3.00 each or $15.00 for all 6 which includes shipping and handling. To order please visit our bookstore.
Disclaimer: Neither Dr. Terry L. Coomer nor Hope Baptist Church of Sherwood, AR offers any guarantee for the results of following the counsel offered in these documents or in the messages offered by this ministry, nor do they accept responsibility for any negative outcome resulting from following the counsel offered by this ministry.